Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chocolate zuchinni muffins



The egg and zuchinni glut continue.
Today I had 27 eggs in my fridge.That is after I gave some away to my neighbour yesterday with the threat "you can only have eggs if you take some zuchinni too!"

So I made zuchinni slice. Again. Oh - and this time I took out the oil and substituted the same volume of milk. It was perfect. You didn't notice the difference. Good thing Miss E LOVES zuchinni slice. And since I often put extra veges in - I think it's a great thing for her to have at lunch! (I used wholemeal flour too)

Anyway ... I still had eggs. And zuchinni. Lots of them.

Google to the rescue ...

And enter Chocolate zuchinni muffins.

1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
1 cup white self raising flour
1/2 cup sugar
teaspoon (ish) of nutmeg and cinnamon
a half teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 cup good cocoa powder

3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1.5 teaspoons vanilla
1.5 cups grated zuchinni

How to ...

Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl
Mix the wet in another + zuchinni
Mix them together





Bake in moderate oven until done.

(ours took about 20min!)



For the record ... they taste REALLY good
And not one kid refused them!



Oh - a little note - I always bake my muffins and cupcakes in a plain liner, then slip them inside the decorative one when cool ... that way the liner is clean and the colours still crisp! Oh - and the christmas papers are from woolworths ... the little santa toothpicks were 50% off at spotlight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment