Sunday, August 22, 2010

Getting ready for camping tip # 3- Pack in STATIONS

Just like I use stations in my home, I am using them with my camping organisation.

A station is where you place all the items you need for particular tasks together so they are there in one spot.

I am using these 8.5L decor buckets as they are waterproof (ish), and will keep a lot of the dust away. And they are a great size without being too big.

Pictured are our personal hygiene bucket and cleaning items/misc kitchen bucket. To give you an idea what we have in them I have copied my lists below the photos. Other buckets we have are things like kids distraction items, cooking utensils, dry foods, wet weather gear. At the end of the trip I will just tidy the buckets, replace what we have used, and store them ready for our next trip with a list of the items inside.




Cleaning products/ misc kitchen bucket

Dishwashing liquid

Scouring pads

Rubbish bags

Handwash

Freezer bags

Bag closure clips

Ziplock bags

Disinfectant wipes

Disinfectant spray

Laundry detergent

Gloves





Hygiene bucket

Disposable loo seat covers

Pocket Hand sanitiser x 2

Facial wipes and Wet ones

Sunscreen

Loo paper

Insect repellent (x2)

Bandaids

Panadol

Instant ice pack

Spare toothbrushes

Tooth paste sample

Kids Panadol

Thermometer

Hand cream

Lip balm

Tissues

Moisturiser

Hairbands

Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment