Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day ... not always Hallmark Perfect



Sometimes the smallest hands make the biggest imprint




Before I was a mum - I couldn't wait for my first Mother's Day.

And for years - while I ached to be a mum ... Mother's Day pretty much tore me apart.

Now I am blessed with Miss E Mother's Day is a day of amazing joy ... but somehow I still ache too.

On Mother's Day this year - please say a prayer
For those who long to be mother's - and can't.
For those who have baby's in their hearts and in heaven ... but not in their arms.
For those who long to be mother's - but due to circumstance - singleness, death of a spouse, separation, divorce ... can't even try.

For those whose own mother's are in heaven.
For those who ache and hurt because they cannot be with their mothers on Mother's Day.

For those mothers whose children are away
For those whose own mothers were not good mothers

This post makes me ache to write, because in many ways it cuts so close to home.
My journey to motherhood was not easy ... it still isn't. But I have been blessed.
And I know people who I love so much and I will not be able to ease their pain on Sunday.

I love you. I ache for you. I wish I could fix it.
But I can't. All I can do is pray. And be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment