Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Being organised keeps winter chills at bay ...


It never ceases to amaze me how often I go to a friends house in winter and they have the heater or wood first roaring on a winter's day.

Now - I admit there are times when there is a chill in the air and some heating is needed, but so often our nights are cold and our days are quite nice ...

Your home needs fresh air - even in winter - so unless the wind is roaring let a little air in.

And be organised so you can fight the winter chills without expensive heating that raises your power bills and dries out your skin.

Slippers at the ready, knee rugs for watching tv, heavy curtains on your windows and an extra layer or two (nothing wrong with a nana singlet!) really helps.
My dad used to always tell me if your feet are warm and your head is warm that is half the battle - and he is right.

Now - don't get me wrong - I live in a COLD part of Qld. We DO use our heater - and fire at times. But nothing beats a pair of snuggly slippers to keep your toes warm - and just an extra layer in the day. Get them out and ready - so the family has no excuses to hit that heater button earlier than you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment